Spring has Sprung! The weather is warming up and everyone’s excited to get outside! We can’t wait to spruce up our outdoor spaces, and we hope you’ll join us for the Spring Home Organization Challenge!
Why we Organize by the Season
If you’re new here, you may not know about our seasonal organization challenges, so let me take a minute to explain!
**Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. We appreciate your support. (disclosure policy)
Each year, we challenge ourselves and our readers to organize their entire homes!
I know, it’s a huge goal!
We broke down the tasks into four zones to make that overwhelming goal manageable!
Each season of the year we tackle one of the four zones!
Here are the zones we created!
- Outdoor (Spring): All outdoor spaces of our home. Garage (shed), Porch (patio, deck), Attic (unfinished basement), Cars (camper, boat), Yard.
- Personal living (Summer): These are the rooms that are personal to each individual who lives in our home. Master bedroom, additional bedrooms, closets (bedroom, linen, cleaning), master bathroom, additional bathrooms.
- Entertaining (Fall): The main rooms a guest would frequent when coming to our home. Entryway, living room, dining room, family/playroom, guest room.
- Working (Winter): These are the rooms that I work in, on a regular basis-the office, kitchen, and laundry room. The kitchen is a big job, so I separate it from the pantry. I do the same in my office by organizing the paper clutter on a different day.
If you’d like to organize with us print out the sheet above!
If you live in a patio home, townhouse, or apartment and you don’t have outdoor spaces you need to upkeep, you can set up different goals!
Below is an empty printable you can use to set different goals!
The Spring Home Organization Challenge
What do you need to organize this Spring?
We will organize the outdoor zone!
Here are some pictures of each area after we organized them last year.
Believe me, they don’t look that good right now, that’s why we need to address each area every year!!
Right now the workbench has tons of stuff sitting on top of it! We did not do a very good job of putting things back!
Can’t wait to spring-clean our front porch and add new flowers to dress up the space!
At this time, there are dead leaves on the porch, a pine cone wreath on the door, and overgrown poinsettias in large black pots on either side of the front door!
We have tons of work to do on our lanai this year!
The wicker furniture needs a new coat of paint and it’s time to recover our cushions!
We will be taking several road trips this spring and summer!
That sounds fun, but we need to prepare our cars and clean them inside and out!
Then, we’ll focus on organizing each car with the travel essentials we need to have a safe and comfortable trip!
You won’t believe how much these bushes have grown this year, they are in desperate need of shaping!
We did not do a very good job of weeding during the winter, so we have our work cut out for us, removing weeds from the flower beds!
It will feel so great to get the yard spruced up and looking good!
When will you do the work?
Now that you have an idea of what you want to organize, you need to figure out when you will do the work!
You can use this handy printable to schedule when you will work on each space!
HOW TO GET STARTED
Are you ready to join the challenge and set some goals?
We hope so!
make a binder
The first thing you need to do is make a Home Organization binder to store your printables!
- If you’d like to use them, sign up for our email list here and gain access to our entire resource library for free!
- Put your printables in a home organization binder!
- Fill out the sheets!
- Start organizing!
Choose an accountability partner
You will be more likely to succeed if you have someone holding you accountable to follow through on your goals.
So contact a friend or a relative that can go on this journey with you.
I’m sure you know someone who can use help in this area!
Subscribe to our email
Subscribe even if you don’t want access to the printable library.
By subscribing to the blog, you will be able to see what we’re working on each week and gain inspiration and ideas about how to organize or improve your own spaces.
You can ask us questions in the comment section or comment on what works for you!
We don’t have all the answers, and you may have a suggestion that can help someone else!
Follow us on social media
Commit to the challenge
Are you ready to commit and join the Spring Home Organization Challenge??
Will you organize one space (or two, or three, etc.) this season??
Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
Then, get that binder put together, set your goals, and get started on the challenge today!!!
If you enjoy the blog, please sign up for our email list so you don’t miss a post!
Blessings, Donna and Rich
Pin It For Later
More Spring home organization Inspiration
- Best Tips to Spring Clean Your Porch
- Learn to Maintain and Organize Yard tools
- Easy Way to Organize Your Garage into Zones
- Strategy to Improve Your Homes Curb Appeal
- Organize a Car